THE SOLTIS CENTER
The Center with its 250 acres and the adjoining the Bosque Eterno de los Niños Reserve and Zona Protectora Arenal-Monteverde comprise more than 120,000 acres of forest that provides a unique natural setting for research and education. This brand new facility provides dormitories, classrooms, and computer labs, among other modern amenities, to support research, education and outreach activities.
BILL & WANDA SOLTIS ACADEMIC BUILDING
- 2 Labs – a dry lab and a wet lab
- 3 Classrooms – 2 classrooms seat up to 15 students; 1 seats up to 40 students
- 1 Library/computer room
- 1 Meeting room
- 4 Offices for staff and visiting faculty
- 1 Cafeteria/ Multipurpose Room - seats up to 100 people
- 1 Kitchen
- 1 Laundry room
The building is wireless equipped and video conference capable.
- There are 8 dormitories that can house up to 56 students and faculty
- The Soltis Family has named four dormitories in honor of key partners that have made the center a reality, Clemenson Hall, Parker Hall, Knight Hall, and Rodriguez Hall
The facility is handicap accessible.